Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Unit 3 - The Crime of the Century

This relaxation exercise was an interesting take on the color theory I spoke of before. I like the use of colors, symbols, body, and breathing as a means to relaxation. Since I could not give the exercise my undivided attention when I heard it, I did not really benefit, but I can see where someone might. I listened to probably a hundred of these looking for those that I found beneficial and my favorite is still the color pyramid. It is similar to this one only you start at the bottom of the pyramid (purple) and progress to the top of the pyramid (healing white light). I began with the taped recording and now do it on my own which allows me to stay at one level (color) as long as I like before travelling on to the next. Overall, I feel that this type of relaxation technique is very effective and can be tailored to one's individual needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment