Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Welcome

ser·en·dip·i·ty - an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident (dictionary.com, 2012).


I have always loved the word serendipity, and oddly enough, it describes pretty well how I usually stumble upon life's mysteries by accident, when they are least expected. So although, I am definitely not much of a blogger, here's to new experiences and personal discoveries!

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I love that Movie Serendipity and there is a restaurant in NYC called Serendipity in which there is a scene at the restaurant. My daughter and I always go there when we're in NY together and share the "hot chocolate Sundae." it's absolutely divine. The movie is romantic with John Kusak and Kate Beckinsale. You'll have to get it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the movie..it is one of my favorite "rainy Sunday" pastimes! The hot chocolate sundae sounds divine for sure.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes those accidents we run across in life are truly blessings in disguise and ways to redirect ourselves to the true divine path we were meant to be on in the first place, but had temporarily strayed from. I look forward to listening to your serendipitous bits of wisdom! By the way, where did you get your background for your blog? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris,
      Yes, I have a lot of faith in accidents and coincidences being gentle nudging in the right direction. Have you ever looked back at your life and thought, "well, if that never happened, I wouldn't be here today?" I do not regret any of my so-called "mistakes" as they all added up to the present and it's interesting to look at that road map your life has taken. I love a quote from a movie trailer, although I can't think of which new movie it is at the moment, but the guy says.."everything will be all right in the end...and if it's not all right...it's not the end." That struck me as a wise thought.

      The background is just a photo I saw on the internet. I find I am at my most peaceful in the woods, so I collect them wherever I see them. Thanks!

      Delete